Saturday, April 16, 2011

First day at the President’s Office

This is Ali Nizar, a PR student at Limkokwing University.


I had about three places that I really wanted to secure an internship position at, and the President’s Office was one. I was fortunate enough to secure and internship at the office and not long after they called me in to tell me I got it, I was called to start reporting to office.


As you might imagine, the President’s Office is one of the most prominent and high profile place of work in the country, and not just among the civil service sector. I believe there are other government departments that have a heavier workload of direct public service, but nowhere would the communication between an organization and the public be under more scrutiny or be expected to maintain immaculate levels of professionalism. It was not particularly comforting.


I was assigned to the Press Office, which is very much about PR. There are other related sections as well, one being the actual Public Relations section, albeit limited in scope, and the communications section.


That’s a bit about the place of work. I will detail a bit more about the duties and tasks the Press Office is responsible for in my next blog post. I’m a bit late with these posts, due to some problems with the blog invitations. But things are going to be going smoothly from now on. Hopefully.

No comments: