I'm currently having my internship placement with an animal welfare organization - ACRES (Animal Concerns Research and Education Society). I'm actually quite glad to be working in this organization because I love animals and that makes my internship even more exciting. Of course I'm in the communications department. I'm helping out in their Gala Dinner 2011, celebrating their TENTH birthday, which is happening next week!!! So excited but as event day is drawing nearer, we are all very busy right now. Not to mention, I'm actually working with my classmate which actually makes this internship more fun because we get to discuss projects together and proposed ideas to the supervisor.
Because we are a non-for-profit organization, finding sponsors is one of our main challenge. Not many companies will be willing to sponsor (in other words, give their products away for free although is free advertisement for them). Nonetheless, this is all about building relationships again.
Other than celebrating their ten years of actions for the animals, it is also a fundraising event for them to build an on site veterinary clinic for the rescued animals. It will be a pretty cool experience because it is an in-house PR department which differs from how a PR consultancy works. Currently, we've finished the planning stage, and now we are just tying up the loose ends, doing collaterals for the people who signed up for the Gala Dinner and making the event happen!
Till then!
Vivien
14536913
Curtin Singapore
3 comments:
Hey Vivien, glad you are enjoying yourself and sure it is fun to be working in an environment with animals. I would love to be in such environment if I ever have a chance too.
I never expect ACRES to be 10 years old too. Sure you will make the dinner a fun one.
Cheers~
Hi,
Well its great that you work in an organization that houses your hobby, animals. I wish you luck that your organization's 10year anniversary becomes successful.
Non profit making organizations are faced with that problem of finding sponsors. This is when PR practitioners are required to prepare a convincing sponsorship proposal to outline how the sponsor will benefit.
Well, gala dinners are one of those events that raise good moneys provided it has been planned on time and managed well.
Hello Vivien!
First of allm congrats to you and xiaotian having worked with ACRES since both of you are massive animal lovers.
As an animal lover as well, its really heart warming to know that a large not-for-profit organization such as ACRES has made it to their 10th Anniversary.
How fortunate of you to be involved with this event and i'm sure you would have put the what we've learnt during the module - Public Relations Consultancy into good use since our client was SPCA. (similar organization)
All the best and i hope that this event will be successful!
Best Regards!
Post a Comment