This internship unit has allow me to be physically involved in a not-for-profit organization. Not to mention, it's actually an animal welfare organization - ACRES. And I love animals!! It's my 13th day here and I'm actually liking it. Liking it partly because I'm actually playing a small role in voicing out for the animals which are suffering quietly. Okay, quit the preach. I'm actually involve in the planning and execution of it's annual grand fund raising gala dinner. It's also their 10th years anniversary! I am so glad I can be part of their celebration! The more exciting part is I'm actually doing this internship together with a classmate! Spells 'class spirit' and brainstorm ideas like we are doing a school assignment! Guess what! The event is tomorrow and we are all very excited about it! A whole collaboration of events planning, communications, media relations and lots of stakeholders communications! Of course this is not all! I will elaborate on what's under my sleeves in another upcoming post soon. Till then, let's just hope this event to be successful! Xiaotian Regards, Xiaotian Lee |
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Thursday, May 19, 2011
----posted on behalf of Lee Xiaotian -------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi XT, I’m so thrilled you managed to find an organization you advocate for. It becomes more meaningful when you do PR for something you believe in. I wish I had the opportunity to do PR for something I believed in too. Well, I kind of did. You see, my agency was helping their client to launch a domestic appliance that was aimed to cook healthy food. As some of my classmates may know, I love cooking. Therefore being involved in this product launch required some sort of cooking back ground therefore it was just so much easier to churn out ideas and other material for the account.
And I absolutely know how comforting it is to do an internship with a course mate. When I started, one of our course mates from the previous semester was just ending hers and it was nice that she was there to guide me for a couple of weeks.
Good luck for your event, hope you have fun!
Hi Xiao Tian. Kinda envious that you got to do something that you are passionate about (I love animals too!) Glad that there is someone out there who feels for them and is in a position to stand up for their rights. Hope everything goes well for your event! (:
Abigail Ang
14553158
Post a Comment