Hello everyone,
This week is when I’m nearly half done with my internship. I attended the lecture that Karen gave last week and she was mentioning that things would be more interesting and would get better once we reach the halfway mark. I have to admit that there is definitely some truth in that.
Workload has certainly been increasing and definitely more press releases too. I guess I am definitely more confident in doing press releases these days, a major improvement since the start of the internship because I was afraid that my manager would severely critique my work. But after the first press release was handed up, and feedback was good, it definitely increased my confidence for the next one.
I have been doing a lot of report writing, analysing of results given by high schools and highlighting which schools have the most students who want to study health sciences in Curtin. There are hundreds of high schools in Perth, both public and private, and analysing the results and doing a write up for each course offered, was a real headache! And I was afraid that I took ages to complete it.
On top of that, we have to read the news every day, regarding health-related issues, such as, nutrition, food science, and alcohol abuse. It can be boring if you dislike reading, but I found some of the articles interesting. For example, today I was reading an article about how your personality can affect your health. I had a nice time knowing more about what type of diseases that would affect me if I am an optimistic person. If anyone’s interested, you can visit this webpage:
Personality indicates health
http://www.bodyandsoul.com.au/health+healing/news+features/personality+indicates+health,11365
In between, small jobs are given to us that require us to pack items into bags that are going to be used for events. This is good because then we don’t have to sit on one spot for the whole entire day. It prevents us from falling asleep as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment