It was my second week working in Bamboos. As I have mentioned, my company is a medical firm in Hong Kong. Just like I mentioned before, I have been work in a fast pace environment and quite in a pressure.
After I have completed the pitch overhead in the first few days of my placement, I have been asked to participate in some event planning, for example, decide the event’s name and the activities content. To maximum efficiency without any mistakes, I have to make plenty of phone calls and internet researches for every little detail. It includes venue choosing, appointment making, number of attendants confirming etc. It allows zero mistakes when came to the real life. Therefore, I were requested to do deeply research and double-confirmed everything before I conduct anything. It enhances my creativity and knowledge outside the society.
The most interested task I have recently done is the “Mystery shoppers program”. I have been asked to pretend customer for the client’s company in order to test their services. Firstly, I went to their shops randomly, stayed for half hour for each of the stores, and then I would ask some difficult questions for testing the staff and promoters and see whether they can handle it. I also have to take plenty of photos secretly as evidence. Later on, I need to record and comment their attitude and ability as well as evaluation each of the stores. Finally, I need to write a briefly report and provide relevant charts to tell the problems and weaknesses of the shop.
Here are some photos I have taken for the “Mystery shoppers program”. For examples,
*Comment: Untidy product arrangement and unclean appearance

* Comment: Inventories and boxes have been putted on the passageway and upon the products
Besides, I have been asked to distribute the organisation magazines, calendar and some leaflets to random clinics and hospitals. The target of this task is to distribute the material to most of the clinics and all hospitals in Hong Kong. We did not have a list for the target group; thus, need to find ourselves though internet and yellow book. It is quite a challenge since many places would not accept these materials as been considered as advertisement. Therefore, I have to convince the reception and staff to accept the free gift; otherwise I have to carry the whole stuff along until I have distributed all of them. It trained my way to speak and sales as well as enhances my communication skill.
I finally aware of that, working for PR would need to carry out variety of tasks. I would not be just working in the office, but may need to work for outdoor, after hours and even weekend or most my personal time. It might be hard and stressful, but I believe that it is worthy especially when you obtain what you want for the outcome by your own hard work!


No comments:
Post a Comment