Hello Everyone!
I have just started in PR placement at the uber - trendy Mayfair Hotel in London. It is part of the larger Radisson group but has an extra cool edge because it is 5 star, in central London and frequented by all the celebs and footballers
After working for 3 months as a receptionist I resigned and managed to secure an internship in the PR/Marketing department.
The transition has been strange. I especially enjoyed finally having a fancy coffee at the bar! Last week, I attended a PR meeting where all the management and top executives in the company liasing with the PR agency that they work with. While I was used to wearing a smart uniform and being vert polite to everyone this meeting was very direct and succinct without any of the Mayfair social graces that I had become accustomed too working in the reception.
The Mayfair hosts London fashion week and many other VIP events and these were all discussed at length as well as Vip packages, press events and christmas events. The meeting was 3 hours long but I was intrigued at finally seeing the inner workings of this landmark hotel.
I am working closely with the chief marketing officers on a CSR project arranging charity events and initiatives for all of the radission hotels in London including the Mayfair and looking for public relations opportunities within them. I am hoping to work alongside the PR agency for a day or two within this time before I finish on August 12th.
Yesterday I met with a hotel manager to discuss changing over thier allocated charity and also discussed some events such as staff getting involved in activities to help an elderly charity by spending a day gardening for them or offering manicures.
I am still waiting back to hear from some of the charities and think I will be meeting some more hotel managers this week.
There is a lot of work involved in this project but I am pleased with the freedom I have been given.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment