Monday, June 20, 2011

My first day!

Hi everyone!

So today was my first day of my PR placement. I'm doing my prac in the Corporate Communications department of the Public Transport Authority in East Perth.

Already I've learnt about the need to write in different styles for different internal and external publications (not that I didn't already learn so in class, but it just was reinforced!). Today I wrote several stories for Transnet (the PTA intranet), which I got to write in a relaxed and casual style, very different to the practical, informative, professional manner of media releases.

I'm looking forward to getting in to some different projects over the next month.

Good luck to everyone else starting their pracs!

Tori
Bentley

2 comments:

Mohamed Zahir said...

Hi Tori,

It's good to hear that you've already gotten some writing assignments on your first day, pretty impressive! This is my first week too and things are already piling up for me here.

Currently I’m just doing some media monitoring work but I hope to score a writing assignment (maybe a feature article if I’m lucky enough) by the end of the week!

All the best with your placement!

Mohamed Zahir
Miri

Tori said...

Hey Mohamed

Nice to know there's someone else starting too!

How's it going? Got a story yet? Who are you doing your prac with?

As excited I was about writing stories on the first day, it's now all I've done. It's good, but I'm getting a bit bored of just generating stories. Hopefully I'll start to get more in depth tasks next week.

Good luck to you too!

Tori