Friday, July 8, 2011

Charities and hotel Managers

So I have been working on meeting with all the hotel managers to discuss CSR opportunites with their allocated charities.

I have met with quite a few already and had an important meeting on Wednesday at the Mayfair where we decided to Launch a special cocktail at the VIP bar to honor their charity - The passage (For the homeless)

We also decided on other initiatives such as one of the the hotel managers doing a 10k run. He has asked me to work on getting some PR for his efforts. The Mayfair works with the PR company Mason Williams so I assume I will working with them for the cocktail launch though I haven't made any arrangements yet.

I have lots of meetings next week and will be having lunch with one of the hotel Managers.

The hardest part about this project so far is the bridging the lack of communication with hotels and their chairities and getting the authorisation to go through with ideas and initiatives.

They are also very busy people and hard to get their schedules to colide and have meetings with the charities.

I'm enjoying it though and hope to get some good results and ideas put into action followed by some great press coverage.

Onwards and upwards!

1 comment:

Tori said...

Hey Victoria

Your internship sounds great!!

I'm just wondering - does the Mayfair have an in house PR department, but also employ the services of a PR consultancy?

Good luck with the cocktail launch!

Tori