Hi,
Time is absolutely flying by at my internship at Channel Nine! I am already half way through and learning so much about how the media operates and how public relation roles assist this.
Channel Nine is a huge national network that incorporates a range of expertise such as journalism, production, audio, sales, recording, marketing, advertising, graphics, publicity and s much more! Channel Nine in Perth slightly differs to the east coast as we are owned by the WIN Network. This means we liaise with the Perth metropolitan and regional areas across WA. I am really excited to see firsthand the operations inside such a large established network as Nine.
My placement is mainly inside the Publicity and Marketing department. While my official 'title' does not say public relations, the tasks I have been given are definitely what we have defined as PR in lecturers and tutorials. Some of my weekly duties include:
- Program Disc distribution
- Media Clippings
- Distributing media releases
- Media Reports
- Event Planning
- Target audience research
At first I thought these tasks were quite small and simple. Now I realise how important each individual activity is and how they impact the entire company.
I hope everyone is enjoying their placements!
Bye for now,
Kelly 14288492
No comments:
Post a Comment