Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Placement at Nulsen

Hi everyone!

This is my first post so here is a little update on what I have been up to. I have been completing my intership at Nulsen, for those of you who don't know Nulsen is a not-for-profit association which works to provide accommodation services to people living with disabilities.

Since I started everyone in the office has been very supportive and welcoming and there is also an awesome coffee machine in the Nulsen Cafe!

The PR/ Marketing department consists of one person so I have found that there is generally a lot of work for me to do! So far I have been involved in helping organise the Resdients' Cocktail Party which is being held at Burswood on the Swan next Friday evening. The theme is Winter Wonderland and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it comes together!

I have also had the chance to fine tune my writing skills with letters, media releases and pieces for various newsletters, it has been great to get feedback on the areas that I can improve in.

I hope that everyone is having a great time and learning a lot during their internships!

Till next time,

Kristy.

Bentley Campus.

2 comments:

DominiqueCondo said...

Hi Kristy,

It's great that you are doing your placement for a not for profit organisation!

I have done previous work experience within the not for profit sector, and among the many rewarding outcomes, there are a lot of challenges to be faced, mainly regarding sponsorship and funding.

Have you faced any challenges yet in this area?

What other public relations tasks have you found challenging or interesting?

Looking forward to your reply,

Dominique

kristy mcnabb said...

Hi Dominique,

sorry for my late reply but it has been a hectic couple of weeks!
I have spent the last month helping to organise the mid-year cocktail party which is held every year for Nulsen Residents. The theme was Winter Wonderland and it was very rewarding to see all that hard work come together!
I find the work I have been doing to be very rewarding however funding is always a challenge. Nulsen is currently Charity of the Year for the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) so I have also had the chance to be involved in various events to do with this.
At present I am working on putting together a promotional plan to increase the sales of Beer and Lobster Raffle tickets (this is the major fundraiser for Nulsen which is held annually) which is somewhat challenging but will be great once it all comes together.

where are you completing your placement?
I hope that you are finding it enjoyable and learning a lot.

Kind Regards,

Kristy