After months of discussion Jackson McDonald is pleased to announce it has come to an agreement with boutique law firm McKenzie Moncrieff to merge!
I have been fortunate in experiencing and encapsulating change within Jackson McDonald following the announcement of the merge with corporate firm McKenzie Moncrieff. The announcement created excitement within the business and legal sphere and attracted heavy media attention. I found that the disciplines learned in the Public Relations Media unit were utmost useful in understanding the relationship between an organisation and its desired published image to the public through the media.
Although I did not get to personally write the media releases featured in publications such as WA Business News, The West Australian, The Australian and The Sunday Times I was given the opportunity to help collate the ideas, themes and messages we wished to be portrayed in said media releases. The heavy importance and complexity of these media releases using legal terminology was outsourced to a boutique public relations firm ensuring they reached the media in good faith as Jackson McDonald is yet to establish solid relationships with the media itself.
I have been heavily involved in the planning of events to welcome the new additions including a cocktail and karaoke night hosted in our boardrooms and several other upper class events hosted both internal and external. I have established many positive relationships with caterers and other event planners both in and out of the legal sector. I think Public Relations Techniques has probably given me the most realistic view on planning an event and the importance of those minor details! I have also had the opportunity to attend selected events that are marketing related.
It has been a time of transition and continuous change creating excitement and a build of anticipation. I look forward to meeting all 29 McKenzie Moncrieff staff on September 3rd 2011.
Catie Elliott
1428 5888
Bentley Campus
4 comments:
Sounds exciting, Catie. Will be interesting to see how the merge plays out in real life, as opposed to what we are taught in the classroom. Maybe the increase in staff will mean more 'getting to know you' cocktail events for you to plan! haha
Very exciting for you Catie! Read about the merge in WA Business News and it can only mean bigger and better things for you. Best of Luck! I agree with nik, more Friday arvo drinks and staff functions will definitely be on the cards.
It's interesting you say that Niki, I have two cocktail events per week for the next 12 weeks! I am excited about the cocktails but not so much the cleaning up haha. And of course this merge in real life it totally different to the books!
Thanks Lydia, I'm glad you've read one of the articles! It's very exciting to be in amongst it all and of course to be the one who gets to choose all the beverages!
Post a Comment