Hi Guys
I just wanted to catch you all up on some of the exciting events that have been happening at Swimming WA lately. There is a buzz around the office at the moment, because last week Swimming WA unveiled their latest event, the "BHP Biliton Aquatic Super Series". The BHP Biliton Aquatic Super Series is a partnership between the Western Australian Government through Eventscorp, BHP Billiton, Swimming Australia, Australian Water Polo, Swimming Western Australia and Western Australian Water Polo. The series will be held in January 2013 at Challenge Stadium and has an initial commitment of three years. The countries involved include China, Australia and South Africa.
This has been top secret news for Swimming WA, who has been working hard to secure this event. I have been working alongside the communication manager during the launch of the event to ensure everything ran smoothly. I assisted with scouring and compiling media contact to ensure Swimming WA’s media database was up to date. I found this task to be quite challenging as I now know there is a lot of rude/arrogant receptionists and journalists out there! Since this is such a rare and significant event of scale for the organisation, we had to ensure we had the appropriate media capacity to over the launch. Currently I am assessing the feedback from the launch to evaluate its effectiveness.
For those of you currently completing internships at not for profit organisations, I’m sure you can appreciate the significance of an event of this scale. To announce a relationship with BHP Billiton was a massive deal for Swimming WA!
Until next time,
Holly 14274307
1 comment:
That's great, Holly! It seems like you're doing a good job! Congratulations Swimming WA for securing such a big partnership! It sounds like an exciting time for you and Swimming WA, I wish you all the best for the rest of your internship and good luck with the evaluation process!
Amy (13948287)
Bentley Campus
Post a Comment