My fourth week went really quick, as the Perth Fashion Festival started last Wednesday the 21st of September. All week the majority of my work was for PFF, including several media releases, assisting with media seating plans for different shows and an enormous amount of media clippings. As each week has gotten closer to the Festival we have been inundated with an array of media clippings from print sources, online, as well as radio and TV announcements.
Some of the things I had to do also included calling around to get outstanding RSVP's for the VIP Opening Launch night featuring acclaimed WA designer Aurelio Costarella and helping to put together an information directory for consultants working at the Festival.
Friday night I went along to work with some of the consultants at 2 shows: Designer Capsule #2 and Story By Tang. The events were held at Hackett Hall at the Western Australian Muesum in Northbridge. The venue was really nice and had been set up really well.
I helped out the consultants at the media accreditation desk, where relevant media would come to us to receive their tickets, passes and approval. At one stage I got to escort media backstage to take photos and get interviews. They were only allowed ten minutes backstage and it was nice being able to say to them - you have ten minutes only! and getting to kick them out of there when their time was up.
Seeing the models backstage was pretty cool as well and some of the clothes were amazing!
I got to watch both shows that night which i really enjoyed, especially Story By Tang. Her clothes were beautiful and i even spotted a dress that i am determined to track down and buy!
Last night I had free tickets to the STM Swimwear show, and attended that with a friend. Face of the Festival, international supermodel Nicole Trunfio was there and that was exciting to see her - she is very beautiful!
Im sure this week at PPR i will spend several hours working on media clippings! Even online galleries of each show have to be clipped, each photo individually - which is so time consuming!
I imagine my work will definitly be cut out for me!
Looking back now the four weeks has really flown, and I have enjoyed myself throughly. I have also gained some invaluable experience and Im sure my time at PPR will look great on the resume.
Lisette Wheatley
13650676
Bentley Campus
2 comments:
Hey Lisette,
That sounds absolutely intense, no wonder I haven't seen you much at uni lately!
PPR sounds pretty amazing to work for, I guess with being one of the largest PR firms in Perth comes a lot of bigger and probably more desirable events to work with :)
After this experience, do you think you will be likely to stay with the company, maybe apply for a job there perhaps?
How is it working for a consultancy in general would you say?
I'm currently working with the Government sector and enjoying it a lot but I can't help but feel that consultancy work has a lot more exciting opportunities to offer!
Hope all is well,
Kieran
Hey Lisette,
Thanks for your comment!
Wow your internship at PPR sounds amazing!
Fashion week sounded like a hit this year so that's great you got to experience that!
Have you become more experienced with media releases? I'm so glad I had the opportunity to work on editing and creating them as it has been years since I finished all my PR units!
I've been doing media clippings also- not the most interesting job but it has to be done doesn't it!
I've actually finished uni forever so I'm pretty excited about what is next.
In regards to your question about PR or Journalism-
I am much better suited to PR but having completed and written for the Western Independent I love both now. Did you get to work for the paper also?
Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
Emmi
Post a Comment