Thursday, September 8, 2011

Inhouse internship

Hi all,
I have now completed 14 of my 20 days at inhouse group, a marketing and business development consultancy in Mandurah.
I have been appointed as PR and marketing officer at inhouse and this involves primarily event management, media liason and promotions.
As I mentioned in previous posts, inhouse group is the creator of iPhone App Chirp Deals (it's soon to be launched in Perth and I highly recommend it in fact I used it at a restaurant last night to get a free entree!), which provides users with saving at local business with a code given in the App. Inhouse group held a launch party on the 25th August for the App, which featured performances by Triple J DJ Nina Las Vegas, Fremantle band San Cisco and local act The Cabarets (who have now made it into the state finals of National Campus Band Comp!). This event ran very smoothly, though the attendance numbers were not quite what we had hoped, perhaps due to it being a cold rainy Thursday night and noone is really keen to head out!
I didn't have much to do at this event as most of the setting up was done by the venue so i just attended with some friends and had a good time!
Since the launch party I have been promoting The Cabarets (check out this article I wrote http://mandurahyoungandrestless.com/main-article/37-local-boys-in-band-comp-state-finals).
I have also been doing a lot of promotion for artist Emma Blyth. My article has been published on Scoop Online (http://www.scoop.com.au/Region/Western-Australia/ArtAndAntiques/Emma-Blyth-Artist) as well as in the local newspaper, so I am quite proud of my work getting out there! I have submitted the article to a number of other online and print publications, so hopefully this works well for Emma and she begins to see some results!
I have also been doing some marketing for inhouse group itself, which has involved writing and article for a local magazine Mandurah Life, writing print advertisement briefs (thinking up headlines that grab attention as well as refelcting values and practices of the organisation in only a couple of words can be quite difficult!) as well as creating google ads and many other smaller tasks.

I am enjoying my placement at inhouse group and hope everyone else is enjoying theirs too!

Eva Buckley
14271599


1 comment:

geachi said...

Hi Eva

I was looking for you page recently but could only find this one, I wanted to say congratualations on getting offered a position at your work placement!!! Cant wait to bump into you and hear how it will all go for you! You must have been very impressive, well done hunny

Jessica