Thursday, September 15, 2011

the end of week 3 already!

week 3 is nearly over and i cant believe how quick it has really gone.
some days seem long when im not that busy, but to think im nearly at the end of my 15th day at my placement is strange!

this week i have been doing alot of PFF work, including a huge amount of media clippings as it gets closer to the festival.
i also learnt how to do media clippings for television and how to work out the advertising value equivalent for tv. since being an intern i have really seen just how much money is in advertising, its pretty amazing!

i have had to update a few different media lists, stakeholder lists and media coverage reports for different clients and also did a bit more sponsorship research for that international company seeking sponsorship opportunities in Australia.

I had to write about 4 or 5 media releases this week for PFF, which i find fun because i find them easy and I am interested in the happenings and events through out the Festival.

I also got to write up some other fun documents this week for media visiting Perth from the Eastern States as well as Malaysia and New Zealand. I had to compile a document for cool restaurants, cafes and bars in Perth - which was fun because i got to look up different places on the internet and even add in some of my recommendations. I also wrote up a document called "live the Perth life", which included the top ten things to do in Perth which makes it sound so good but i know how boring it can really be!

Week 3 has also been really sad for me, my dog passed away on Tuesday and I have been pretty heartbroken. He was 17 and was in my life since I was five years old. Losing him was really devastating.

Next week is my last week but yesterday I was asked to come back the following week to see out the end of PFF and to help out the consultants. That made me feel like I was actually valuable and that my help was appreciated. Obviously I said yes because the more experience I get out of this internship, the better!

I must say I am looking forward to a sleep in this weekend, but I am really looking forward to the commencement of PFF next week - its going to be extremely busy!

Lisette Wheatley
13650676
Bentley Campus

2 comments:

lana said...

Wow Lisette your internship sounds extremely exciting. I think its fantastic you are completing so many different tasks, which would very rewarding.

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your dog but i wish you all the best for the rest of your time at PFF, i'm very jealous :)

Alana

Holly said...

Hi Lisette,

Wow, you have been busy! 5 media releases in one week is a tremendous effort! I love that you are being exposed to so many different aspects of the industry!

I'm really sorry to hear about your dog passing away, I know thats a hard thing to deal with. Congradulations on being asked back to PPF though, your work must be very valuable to the team there :)

xxHolly 14274307