Hi guys,
As promised on my previous blog post, there will be more photos in this post. As pictures talks better than words, I decided to update you guys about the Councillor's monthly meeting and Meet-the-People session through photos I have taken using my camera phone. Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!
Now.. we are at the Councillors meeting room. Not everyone has the opportunity to sit in this room witnessing the progress of the Councillor's meeting you know! Do you noticed that everyone is wearing a blue tie? Do you know why is that? :)
The second man at the left is Miri's Mayor, Mr Lawrence Lai.
The standing man in the picture is my supervisor, Mr Tay. He was checking with the Mayor on the meeting materials before the meeting starts.
These are the Councillors of Miri. Look at their piles of meeting materials! The materials are prepared by PR department as well.
After the meeting has finished, the reporters from various media outlets took the chance to clarify their questions with the head of PR department and the Mayor.
The Meet-the-People session banner shows the details of when and where it will be held. It is hanged at the corridor of the One Stop Centre so the public can easily catch attention of the banner.
During the session, each department would allocate some representatives to receive complaints, suggestions and requests from the public. Each complaints would be taken care and the complainers will get update on their matters.
I am honour to be able to represent PR department and I have also recorded a citizen's request for help on his cracking wall due to the blocked drainage. He seemed so nervous and helpless while making the request that I can't help comfort him a bit by having a small chat while taking down his information. The man walked away with a satisfy smile on his face after he saw that I had record everything.
From the session, I have learnt that listening to your clients is very important. It helps you to build up good relationship as they feel that they are being listened and their voices are essential to the organisation. Apart from that, it helps to enhance an organisation's reputation as well. By listening carefully, you might get to learn an idea which can help to boost up the organisation's services that makes everyone satisfy, a win-win situation.
Have you ever experiencing the satisfaction of just listening to someone's complaints during your internship period? Let's share! =)
Cheers,
Keekee
No comments:
Post a Comment