Wow, was the only thing I could say after I got past my internship interview. Just like everyone it was not an easy task to find internship in a foreign land. I sent out applications but only got the bad news that they were full or they are not taking any interns. I almost lost hope.
Finally I was called for an interview at the Limkokwing University sports department. A very small department of the university that is just establishing itself. Going for my first ever interview I was scared. Had a problem on deciding what to wear, did not want to look too formal as well as not look too casual. I enter the interview office shaking and so nervous. Anxiously I waited for the results. But to my relieve I later received a call and told to report for duty the next morning. The next morning i got up and went for my first ever job.
I was nervous as I did not know what was expected of me. I tried not to show that I was nervous. I was surprised when my boss introduced me to my co-worker and then said, “I know you are nervous but don’t worry we are here to help each other just relax and ask where u need to and everything will be fine. What a relieve that was it was like he knew just what i need to hear. That was the mark of a new and delightful journey of my work life. I learnt a lot at that small office and i am grateful to have had the opportunity.
I wish to share my experiences as well as learn yours as we come together as PR students. My this be a very educational experience looking forward to hearing more of your experience both the good and the bad.
Akang Akang
(14463231)
LUCT
1 comment:
i can see picture that you had a great experience there mate, wish i could have worked at the sports dept too but unfortunately it wasnt bound to happen, looking forward to hear bout the experience you gained over there, i hope the internship shaped you very well for the industry
Post a Comment