I have recently been helping out to write up a few reports about the merchandise to send to management for approval before ordering. Whilst writing up these reports, I realised how far I've come and how much I have achieved during my placement. We included a part in the reports about the research process into the merchandise before considering each item as an option. This brought me back to the beginning of my placement where I had no idea what I was doing and whether I was doing anything right or not. I realise now that I had actually done A LOT of research and that I was basically stressing for no reason.
I guess this is how we all feel when we first start doing something. But I'm glad i got that anxiety out of the way before graduating and getting out there in the real world. This unit really helped me be confident in myself and my skills as well as giving me the chance to utilise these skills in the real working world.
I hope you all enjoyed your placements as much as I did and good luck for your report writing!!
Amy C (13948287)
Bentley Campus
Bentley Campus
4 comments:
Hehehe I can relate to this in terms of getting anxiety out of the way;i'm so glad i did PR because this internship has helped me deal with the fear and anxiety of the real world(industry). i believe when i graduate i would perform better when i eventually starting working all thanks to internship.
Amanda said...
I could not agree more! This work placement unit has really helped me, not only with the daunting task of joning the 'real world' after 3 years at university but also has been great to see how different areas of what we have learnt actually do apply to the jobs we will have in the near future.
However, it also highlighted the fact that the learning won't be over once we graduate!
Goodluck!
Amanda
14140262
Hi Amy,
I can't agree with you more. It's only now when I am putting together the final touches to my report that I have realised how much I have learnt over my placement. I felt quite overwhelmed at the start too- it's difficult to write when you have no idea about the background of the organisation. It's amazing how this totally disappears when you have done a few days of placement. I think this unit is a great boost to any PR graduates confidence! Before completing the unit I was pretty apprehensive about whether I could perform in the 'real world' but it seems we are more than prepared!
Good luck with your report!
Jaimi
Post a Comment