Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Last Days at Sun Resorts...The End...

Hello everyone,



This is my last post before handing over my report this week...It is with great sadness that I spent my last days at Sun Resorts Limited. My colleagues as well as my superiors made me feel so much at ease during my internship that I felt as if I was a full-time employee there...Everyone has been so so nice to me!



Three to four days before finishing my internship, I worked a bit more on the Dodo Trail 2011 event [kindly check my previous blogs for more information]. I had the opportunity to attend a Media Lunch at La Pirogue Hotel with some renowned journalists along with the foreign sportsmen and their families. It was simply great to find oneself among all these important people and I felt indeed very lucky to form part of SRL's team at that time. No need to say what a mouth-watering lunch we had on that day....


A glimpse of the dishes...A real "Chef-D'Oeuvre..."



Well with regards to my work, Sun Resorts Limited maintained its PR strategy of using social media to promote its forthcoming events and its brand. I worked on the Dodo Trail event; keeping fans and other interested parties updated with the latest pictures of the media conference, the sportsmen, the trail etc...I also created the Golf event's page as well as that of The Marlin World Cup 2012. I uploaded several pictures, sent invites to my contacts etc...


All this to say that social media is now most organisations, be it big or small, favourite marketing and communication tool especially Facebook. Facebook is huge, it boasts more than 500 million users worldwide...This is incredible! With a global community of this size, truly speaking as a PR practititioner, even I would opt for it.


The question is: Has social media changed the way salespersons and marketing managers do their jobs???


I would say "YES"...Why??? For the simple reason that social media tools such as Twitter, Facebook etc offer PR professionals unprecedented opportunities to interact directly with their target public such as customers and even stakeholders and employees. This helps maintain brand awareness as well as proximity to its various publics.


I am pretty sure you will all agree with me on this issue. Furthermore, Mark Zuckerberg and his team have rolled up several changes during the last few months for instance Facebook Pages, Facebook Sponsored Stories, Groups, Comments and Updates/Real-time analytics. What can we ask more???


These recent changes will give brands unprecendented insight of how Facebook and social media are useful and beneficial to PR practitioners, marketers and organisations alike.


Well bloggers, this is it on the evolution of social media in big and small organisations. At Sun Resorts Limited, it is an essential communication tool to remain close to customers!


Finally, my last day at Sun Resorts Limited went on smoothly. When I reached the office early morning, I had planned some chocolate boxes, some "Ferrero-Rocher", one of my favourites for my superiors and my colleagues as thank you gifts! They were all so touched and amazed by this action of mine but this is what I call good PR!


Last but not least, they treated me to a wonderful lunch and brought me two bags of gifts and tokens. I was so thrilled! And talking about gifts, I had the company's best corporate gifts and giveaways as well as a cute personal gift from my other two colleagues, Kavi and Jessica.


I will always be thankful to SRL's Communication Manager for giving me this golden opportunity in terms of this placement. I learnt so much from them during these 40 days. I wish all my friends to have had such a great placement! I must admit that PR (Professional Practice) 393 is worth the time we are allocating to it!


Best of Luck for your reports lovely people!


Cheers.


Anicksha Boolell.

14436314.

Charles Telfair Institute.






















































2 comments:

KeeKee said...

The dishes look yummy!
It must be fun working at the resort.
Good luck to your report as well ^^

Anicksha said...

Hey thanks KeeKee! Trust me, they were awesome! That's the good thing of doing PR in the hotel industry!

Best of luck.

Cheers.

Anicksha Boolell.
14436314.
Charles Telfair Institute.