Hi all,
So this is officially my first blog as I made the mistake of posting my blogs elsewhere, meaning no one could read them (not embarrassing at all!). So Katharina kindly sent me the invite for Reflective Blog 2, so my blogs will come pretty much all come at once as I re-write them all to read in the correct tense.
I completed my work placement with the company, Hawaiian. Most people are probably unfamiliar with the company so here is a little background on them before I get into my experience.
Hawaiian is a WA based property group, established in 1993, and owns Australia-wide commercial, retail and hospitality properties. Some that you may all be familiar with are Parmelia House and the KPMG buildings (commercial), the beautiful Cable Beach Club Resort and Spa, and of course the amazing retail properties including, Carillon City, The Colonnade and everyone’s new favourite shopping destination, Claremont Quarter.
So I was pretty lucky with getting to work with Hawaiian, as they have the best of both worlds, with the combination of corporate and retail public relations! My work was more focussed on the retail side of things but I was able to see the behind the scenes of the corporate side as well, which has been interesting.
Although I was doing a bit of everything, my main focus was on Hawaiian and Carillon City’s campaign that they run in conjunction with Perth Fashion Festival, Every Body Counts. This is a campaign that promotes the use of ‘real women in fashion’ and gives everyday women, like you and I, the chance to have that most girls dream of, strutting down and catwalk after being pampered with professional hair and makeup, being styled by the wonderful Des Eddy, as well as a professional photo shoot, modelling workshops with choreographer Kelly Holmes, media launch and the most fun of all, the VIP After Party!
The gorgeous Top 15 Finalists
It was so much fun to be involved in the process organising such a fantastic campaign, so watch this space for a few highlights from the two parades!
Amanda Bobrige
Bentley Campus
14140262

No comments:
Post a Comment