Wednesday, November 16, 2011

FACEBOOK LIKE PAGE

For all those who think that creating a professional Facebook Like Page is easy, you are far away from the truth. 
When I was asked to create a Facebook Like Page last week, I thought it would be easy and quick but that is not the case. I am still in the first stage of creating such a page. It takes a lot of time. 
Creating a professional Facebook Like Page's objective is to promote the company and increase brand awareness and the best way to achieve this objective for me is to show what the company does and talk directly and regularly to potential consumers. I have thus proposed Sweetie Ramlagun to organise some photo shoots to show the clothes and accessories we sell at the beginning and then to develop a good relationship and give regular information about Possal by Sweetie Ramlagun to those liking the page. 
I have started looking for models, photographs, makeup artist, the location, the exact time and concepts for the photo shoots. As it is a PR event, we wanted to spend the less money possible and fortunately for us, we have found a model, a photograph, a make up artist and a location for free. We have finally decided to take Sweetie's sister as model and to do it at Possal by Sweetie Ramlagun at Phoenix. The first shoot starts today and there will be another one next week. 
Only after the shoot that I will be able to create the Facebook Like Page. It is very exhaustive and at the same time it is so exciting and interesting to create a Facebook Like Page. Today I will be in charge of the shoot, i.e I will have to coordinate everything. Thankfully Sweetie Ramlagun will help me with that.

I am a little nervous as it is a new experience for me and also because I feel that it will rain very soon. I really hope that everything will be fine.

I'll keep you posted and I'll show you some photo soon

2 comments:

Sally-Ann Devion said...

Hi Carolyn,

First of all congrats for your internship at Possal with Sweetie Ramlagun, I am sure you are going to learn a lot in fashion PR with her. It's a great opportunity that is given to you, so make the most of it and keep on learning. From what I read you are very well engaged in various activities around the communication of the brand Possal -Facebook page, photoshooting (event), media release. You are doing a lot and I think it is all worth it. Indeed there seems to be definitely a need for the brand Possal to communicate and develop its image to the public. Personally this brand was still unknown to me until now.
Also, congrats for your article in the newspapers, I am sure you were thrilled.
Keep it up!
I wish you all the best for your internship.

Sally.

FashionPR-in-Mauritius said...

Hi Sally,
than you very much for your encouragement. This internship was really enriching for me and you are right Possal badly need more exposure. The thing is that Possal targets only a niche market and this market does not need any marketing methods such as billboards, adverts and all. We have done some PR activities with these clients and their friends. But there will be a new brand which i'm sure you'll hear about.
I hope that your internship was interesting and that you learn a lot not only in PR but also in the field you worked in..

xxx