Yesterday I did my first overtime! At first I thought it would be boring but finally it was the complete opposite. After office hours I felt more dynamic, not tired at all and very motivated to work. I did not even realize that it was 9.00pm! The mood was really fun although everyone stayed because of the huge amount of work that had to be done for today before 9.00am. Sweetie ordered meals from KFC and bought an enormous amount of biscuits and chocolates and soft drinks, etc. I personally had a lot fun working after office hours yesterday.
What was most exciting was that I was asked to write a press release for Le Matinal newspaper for this morning. It is the first time I write a 'true' press release for a 'true' journalist working in a 'true' newspaper and for a 'true' company and giving 'true' news. I worked with Sweetie till midnight.
Being my supervisor and being used to write and correct press releases, she gave me advices on how to write and what to a write in a press release. This morning before sending the mail to Le Matinal, my press release was proof read by one designer- Ravi Reetoo who has worked for previous newspapers and companies before and who has written and published "too much press releases" as he said. Finally, I hope that the article will be good. I suppose that the journalist will use the information in the article or at least will modify the article.
The format of a press release is not practically the same as I have learnt during lectures: the ATT, etc.. was not necessary this time and the article had only 187 words. The article is supposed to be published this Saturday... so we'll see...
I'll will post the link of the article from Le Matinal this Monday.
p.s: I did not forget you about the photos of the shoot, I will probably post some of them today or tomorrow at the latest!
I'll keep you posted,
X0X0
1 comment:
Hi there! I am agreed with you that the real life press release is definitely different with what we did for our assignments. When I was reading those press releases written by my manager and colleagues, I was like *Oh, why is their format different with what I have learned?* After that only I realize that, their format is the formal format that need to be used in the real life. And, Congratulation that you’ve written a “real” press release. It is a very good opportunity to improve our writing skills and gain some real life experiences. Keep it up! Hope to see your ‘products’ soon! Good luck for your internship! God bless :)
Amy
Post a Comment