20 days over..
First of all, i would like to thank all the staff of PILS and my teacher Veejayen Carpen who supported me through out the internship. It was a fruitful and enriching experience and the 20 days spent there will help me in the coming days. There has been lots of changes from the first to the last day of my intern, i have learnt many things from the staff and to meet up deadlines. In 20 days, i have wrote the report activity of the association, wrote down slogans on my own(both in english and french) to post on social network, even wrote an article to on behalf of the company to be release in newspaper, wrote a fact sheet to recruit volunteers, even assisted my supervisor in a conference, updating media lists for the free advert, helping out for team building, working out on excel and so on.
In short, PR is a wonderful field despite it is stressful and hectic as there were cases whereby i was unable to meet up deadlines as the people concerned were unreachable. It is a good experience as you get to develop your own communication skills and approach to other people thus developing a better understanding of others. You have to fluent in both English and french, one should be effective in both languages as you have to write letters and articles on behalf of the company.
I have got an amazing experience at PILS which made me realise how the PR job really functions in terms of social, cultural and political aspects, widening my knowledge.
I am definitely looking forward to enhance my knowledge and my experience i had at PILS and thus becoming a good PR practitioner.
Best Regards
Archana :)

1 comment:
Hi Archana!
I see that you had a great time at PILS and I’m very happy for you.
While I was reading your blog, I realized that we more or less shared the same kind of experiences. I’m happy to see that I am not the only one who is so thrilled about what PR encompasses.
In my last post, I mentioned how interesting and enjoyable PR can be. But I omitted something which you reminded me in your blog: “it is stressful and hectic”. Are you are right. I have also been through these moments of stress because of the load of work to be done and the short deadlines, so I totally get your point here!
However, it is not these moments that stays on your mind, and I’m sure you’ll agree with me about this! What you keep as “souvenir” are the moments of satisfaction like when you recognize your work on TV or radio. This feeling of accomplishment is just so great.
Well, I think that I’ll end here. I wish you the best for the future career as a PR practitioner!
Cheers
Anne-Lise Blackburn
CTI
Post a Comment