Hello again fellow practitioners!
Well I am into the second week of
my work placement at Woodside and I have to say that every day I am learning
something new and exciting and gaining more reasons to want to stay on at the
end of this assignment!
This week has been all about the
upcoming Fremantle Dockers Launch Event that will be held on 26th March
(unfortunately two weeks after I leave!) - but preparations for the event have
to begin now!
The event is a fundraiser for
Woodside’s key charity, The Starlite Foundation, and to also herald kick-off of
the 2012 AFL Season. One of the highlights of the event will be a visit to
Woodside by two main Dockers players, who have been invited to speak, sign
autographs and participate in an afternoon BBQ to be held adjacent to Woodside
Plaza.
Helping prepare for this event
has been full on, but very exciting and I have loved every minute of it! The
week began with a couple of meetings discussing and delegating tasks for the
event. Then on with the core business of event management, essentially agreeing
on a date for the event, contacting the Dockers PR department and liaising with
the building owners to gain permission for access to the plaza foyer and
barbecue area on the scheduled date.
After gaining the necessary
approvals, I proceeded with the organising some of the logistical details such
as arranging car bays for key guest such as Dockers players, coaches and hiring
the services of a photographer.
Next I had to then meet and
liaise with a Corporate Theatre Team about the requirements on the day
including stage, seating, microphones and an iconic purple decorative and
creative theme in line with the Dockers image. The Corporate Theatre Team have
organised numerous events like this for Woodside previously and knew what I was
looking for which helped make things less stressful for me organising my first
event!Finally, towards the end of the week I had to organise the BBQ equipment for the sausage sizzle that will take place just outside Woodside Plaza. This involved contacting a catering company to request a quote for supply of all the necessary equipment including BBQ’s, tongs, aprons, gas tanks etc.
Of course, being Woodside, safety always comes first and numerous safety considerations have to be included in the planning and briefing for a major event such as the Dockers launch.
So far it has been an eventful week (pardon the pun) planning the Dockers Launch Day in March, but I have loved every minute of it and am looking forward to seeing the end result!
Jasmin Stuart
No comments:
Post a Comment