This week
my daily tasks included auditing a client’s website to ensure the messages
communicated in their company presentation and investor fact sheet were
consistent with those in their website. It was my job to check all the
communication materials and write suggested changes to be made. I also
researched competitors’ websites to see if there was links or information that
our client should have so they aren’t at a disadvantage. Another task that our
junior team is still currently working on is conducting and compiling research
for one of our clients. Our client is a not-for-profit organisation that is
seeking funding or sponsorship from large corporations in Western Australia. We
compiled a list of possible companies and organisations to provide funding to
our client and researched the grants and sponsorships that are available and
the processes to apply for them. While it may seem like a very simple job,
there were A LOT of companies to look at and it was very time consuming. We
completed the research but the document is still being edited to cut it down as
it was over 60 pages long.
Another
project I have been working on is safety posters for one of our clients. I
wrote the design brief to go to our graphic designer regarding the design and
changes to be made to the original posters. It’s exciting to be able to liaise
with the client and the graphic designer who makes their vision come to life.
It is a very interesting process which I really like being a part of.
Being at
a consultancy firm, you work on a number of different projects for different
clients. Each project is unique and interesting in its own way and can expand
your skill sets. But I have found that as a consultant, you need to learn to
multi-task and juggle a number of different projects at once. I have found this
difficult at times but am managing my time management skills better. My aim for
the end of my work placement is to improve my multi-tasking skills and work
more efficiently on each project but I am aware that this does take time to perfect.
Meaghan
King
Curtin Bentley
1 comment:
Hi Meaghan, good work in sticking out all the proofreading! I think you raised a really important point when you said that simple tasks are essential in ensuring consistency...
I completely agree with you. I think some PR practitioners oversee the fact that even the simplest tasks are integral to the image of a company. Failing to correctly proofread a document could turn into a message being incorrectly communicated.
It's great to see that you have had such diverse roles and seem to be enjoying your placement. If you have time, check out my blogs :)
All the best,
Steph
Post a Comment