Friday, April 20, 2012

FIRST WEEK AS AN INTERN
Hey guys, its Tumi here.I did my internship at University Putra Malaysia (UPM) under Marketing and Communication office . My first day as an intern I was excited and nervous at the same time. the excitement was that am i finally starting my first job and was nervous because i did not know what to expect there.

During the first week i was briefed about the company, what i was going to do, dress code and being introduced to the rest of the staff. I worked under the supervision of Mr Khairul. He gave me the task i was going to perform and the deadlines. The first week i did not do anything much as i was still being introduced to the staff and get to know them first.was to focus more on building relationship with co workers so that i should not find it difficult to work with them with performing my tasks. I was lucky to find two interns who were helped me with a few things here and there. during that week i also helped them with their tasks like media clippings, scanning and faxing. 

I enjoyed my first and was looking forward to another week.

1 comment:

philoe said...

Hi Tumi, I am Malaysian too, but currently studying in Perth. It was cool for you to find an intern in Malaysia University, I'm looking forward to read more of your posts hopefully to see if there's any difference between PR in Malaysia and Perth.