Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life as an Intern

I was a Fundraising intern a PT Foundation Malaysia, an HIV based NGO that  deals with LGBT, drug users and sex workers communities.
 It has been a week already working with PT Foundation, Fundraising team and helping out with answering  calls from Sponsor and donors. As the only intern in the office I get to help everybody  whenever they need my help. It's a bit challenging because PT Foundation focuses on  mostly on Human interest  than  building a good image of their organization like other companies. 
The focus of the fundraising team is to plan and carry out event to bring in money to the organization.
On my first day our team attended  an event and I got to learn how NGOs handle their low budget events with the help of volunteer host and participants. I also learnt how to get people to attend and spend their money by showing them the benefits and the changes the would be doing in the community. Fun Stuff 



The next project of the week was to  design an acknowledgement card or a thank you card to all our donor and host for this year (2011) since its coming to an end.  The card has to be presentable but not fancy and has to cost less because this is an NGO and we are working on a tight budget. This is the sample for the front page: 
Next on my work list is the Newsletter, stock records which i will discuss further in my next post. Just like I learned in school, working for multiple masters is very challenging and it needs me to know and implement time and project management.

Nonofo B
LUCT Cyberjaya

No comments: