Tuesday, May 22, 2012

FINISHED !

hey guys!

this will be my last post. sad I know. but hey, GRADUATION IS NEAR!

I finished my intern last week, it's crazy how fast things happened since I started doing 2 days a week at my internship. I'd been with them since the end of January and then all too soon it finished. I just thought it would be nice to round off my posts with this final one.

So what have I learnt from all this. Well, taking on this internship has really opened my eyes to working with PR in the real world. What we have learnt at uni has helped and is all good, however putting it to real use in the REAL world can be a bit full on. Sitting in a classroom and watching lecture slides and listening to a tutor speak to you is nothing like sitting in an office and producing work that could be potentially published, or goes toward a real life event that is happening in a month, or researching contacts that are actually going to be sent letters to events and you're actually going to meet them there. It's refreshing attending an event and meeting someone and thinking, hey, I sent you that letter to invite you to this event, and now you're here! (I felt a little bit powerful)

I've learnt the importance of communication! Always ask questions if you are unsure because it not only saves you any confusion, but it saves you time! There are always time constrictions of everything so if you get it right the first time, everyone is happy!!

I have also learnt of the horrible troubles that peak hour traffic gives you... it really sucks. It should not take an hour to get to work :( and then there's the drive home...

In the end, I'm really glad I got a placement with Networking WA because they have given me proper training and have opened my eyes up to the event management industry which is an area I am interested in and therefore I am thankful.

ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS UNTIL THE REPORT IS DUE! EEEEEEEK.
I hope everyone has progressed well with that!

SEEEEEEEYA AT GRADUATION

Steff

No comments: