Wednesday, May 23, 2012

REFLECTION OF MY 8 WEEKS IN MARCOMM

MY JOURNEY IN MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION DIVISION



From top: Valentine gift sharing even the director and head of division was present


                                    





During potluck, we cooked foods at home and brought to work for everyone to eat

 Even from their goals it is stated as "to effectively build internal and external communication."It is not only in words but exercised in line with UPM's vision.http://www.marcomm.upm.edu.my/v3/?cat=vision



Doing my internship in UPM MarComm has been a great experience as it made me improve both personally and professionally. This module as a now booming profession in corporate world was an eye opener to me. The Corporate Communications and Marketing & Promotions departments’ team spirit drew me to like what I was doing the first day until the end.

Since most of my tasks were PR related it made me enjoy my work as I had already learned the basic PR skills needed in corporate world. I  also had the opportunity to improve my general knowledge about the module  through  dealing with international delegates and writing news articles .This made me realize that what we learn in school is basically the foundation or layout of what is happening out there in the real world and I found that great.
This exceptional experience has allowed me to evaluate myself as a future potential PR person and I have identified my major strengths and weaknesses. I am very determined and curious to learn further wherever I am. I don’t have much difficulty to learn new things and adapt to the working environment. I have made maximum use of communication and presentation skills I learned at university. 
Overall, the placement had been a fantastic experience, with many positive outcomes. At present, I feel more ready and willing to work, as I have been able to get a good insight of hands-on experience.


MONTLE MODISAWAMAROLE
LUCT




No comments: