eBotswana TV
There were few shortcomings I encountered during my internship program. Botswana is facing a
big problem of load shedding, at times the electricity would go off before I
save my work which then results in draw back. Another shortcoming I encountered
was when I went with ‘The Mile’ program crew to shoot the aspiring actress, she
opened to us about her personal problems of which I was to calm her down and
guide her in order to finish the shooting first, then had an extra task to look
for a professional counselor to help her through and make a follow up about the entire matter.
I
also had a hard time when people called in after eBotswana won the case over
SABC pirating channels. I had to be patient and talk to them in a behavioral
manner, and was to abide by the rules and regulations of the company, i.e. not
disposing any information about the matter to people around, even our family
members until it is published and broadcasted.
For the interviews I
carried with some local artists, others I was able to meet them in person
whilst others I had to interview through the phone. It was really challenging,
to make phone interviews as I had to write so fast at the same time talking,
and was to be alert to get the right information that they are saying. And not
to repeatedly ask them anything I did not get, I had to be very professional as
they all left their busy schedules to give me information, so I had to be
faster.
2 comments:
Hi Angela,
First of all, WOW, that's not an easy job but i'm really glad you pull it off well. I was rather amazed when i came across the part of you saying you had to calm the actress down when she opened up about her problems to you. I thought that was such an admiration. If i were in your shoes, i wouldn't know what to do then. But anyway, hang in there, there no such thing as an easy task in work. Take it as an on-going learning process and soon enough you'll see the benefits of it.
Cheers,
Josephine Wong
Hi Angela
I understand what u talking about, the disclosing of information:when you are left alone in the office and calls coming in more especially from media people and you are not able to give them the answers, not because you do not know the answers, the fact that only our supervisors can talk to them and we have to respect that.
Post a Comment