Thursday, July 5, 2012

Benefits of Internal PR

Benefits of Internal PR
I am now well into my third week of my placement at the Just Group head office and have learnt so many skills that I know will be invaluable once I secure my first PR job. One of the projects I am currently working on is an internal PR document that will be distributed to staff at conferences that will be held all over the country. Each state has their own conference where head office gets a chance to communicate the goals and values of the brand, the direction that will be taken for the next season and get feedback from staff about how things are going in stores. So I am now learning how valuable internal PR is in keeping the brand aligned with its core values and goals. When the head office is so far from some of the stores it can be hard to maintain these aspects and assure that team members are aware of the direction that the brand is taking. So the conference is a great way to keep everyone up to date on the latest happenings of the brand.
The document I am producing is a guide for the staff in store that focuses on trends for next season, inspiration for the upcoming summer collections, direction for the brand and any other message that head office would like to express to the staff. This document helps the girls to understand what is going on at head office and why certain choices have been made. So I have put together a few reasons as to why internal PR is so important.
Benefits
  • Internal PR helps to drive the long term and short term goals of the organisation.
  • This process ensures that communication objectives are clear and are shared all over the organisation contributing to transperancy.
  • Internal PR can help motivate staff. If all staff are communicated with regularly on matters in the company then they feel valued and like their opinion is considered, therefore improving the morale.
  • This document can help to ensure that objectives are acheived in unison all over the organisation.
  • Internal PR helps dramatically with knowledge sharing.
With all these aspects in mind it makes it alot easier to produce an internal PR document that will add value to the existing internal PR system. I have made a start to the document and everyone seems impressed with my success so far. I look forward to completing the document and hopefully seeing how it will be implemented with staff.

No comments: