Thursday, August 23, 2012

First few days! - PR Internship at the Heart Foundation


Hi all,

I am a commerce student majoring in PR and will graduate this year.

So far I have worked a total of six days here at the Heart Foundation located in Subiaco and I am enjoying the challenges and tasks that are coming my way. I have decided to write about the first four days in this blog to keep each blog individual and a little more interesting.

The Heart Foundation was established in 1959 with the goal of aiding cardiovascular research, supporting health professionals, developing promotional activities and assisting those affected by heart disease. The Heart Foundation is a not for profit organisation and heavily relies of the generously of corporate sponsors, the public and the government.

Most people are familiar with past campaigns, however the majority of people recognise the Heart Foundation tick often located on cereals, spreads, certain meats and other grocery goods.

It certainly is a game changer joining the ‘real world’, firstly you dress the part (no more casual dress and messy hair), its now elegant suits, silk ties, cuff links and superior grooming. The office atmosphere is certainly something strange yet interesting at the same time. Here at the Foundation you have your own typical office cubical with all the office amenities shining under bright lights.

My first few days were quite busy with many things to quickly learn such as using the network drives, using outlook, working out the cisco phone and building an excel database for the current 2012 Door-Knock campaign. Overall things are much more settled and productive now.

I shall leave it there for my first blog entry, next blog will discuss the Door-Knock campaign and the work I have been doing.

PS: Does anybody find parking in Subiaco ridiculously hard and strict?

Talk to you guys later, Miles. 

No comments: