Monday, September 10, 2012

Colosoul Presents Foxfeet Fashion Show 2013


Hey all,

I've started my PR Placement a few weeks ago at Colosoul Group Inc. in Public Relations and I've been enjoying my time there. For some who have not heard about the Colosoul group, well it is a non-for-profit media and arts organisation which aims to support and enhance the experience of youth and to bring communities within Perth together, so everyone is involved, connected and acknowledged. In Colosoul Magazine there are different departments such as Teensoul which is their teenage magazine aimed for teenagers, Wordplay which is their music magazine and Vishti which is their fashion magazine. Colosoul is also presenting their clothing line Foxfeet where they help emerging designers to showcase their talent in WA.

Colosoul is bringing back their 'sell out' theatrical themed fashion show, 'Extinction of Animals' in September 2013. The aim of the event is to raise awareness about the extinction of animals whilst encouraging emerging designers showcasing their designs. My PR role in this event is to organise this fashion show for the following year, I was really excited when I was assigned to be working on this huge project because I have always wanted to do PR in Fashion and I'm glad that this amazing opportunity has came. For the past 2 weeks me and my Editor-In-Chief, Tricia Ray have been working closely together. She has taught me how to file for the HealthWay grant application, hence Colosoul is a non-for-profit sector we rely on grants and sponsorships. Our budget this year is $20,000 and we are aiming to put on a better show with commercial designers being involved as well.

Last week, I have been getting the team members together  to work on this huge event with me. I was introduced to the different editors and directors in the magazine, which was
quite made me a little nervous but they are all so nice and helpful and they made me feel so welcome to the organisation. Tricia also taught me how to do the budgeting for Colosoul and how it was done. It was rather confusing at first but then the editors were so helpful that they help me through with the rough budget for the grant.


I really enjoy the role that I was assigned because I get hands on experience in this internship and Tricia has been such a good mentor and supervisor to me. She lets me work independently so that I can gain the experience socialising and interacting with sponsors and the other media outlets, but also guides me along the way. Seeing her so passionate mentoring youths like me makes me appreciate the amazing opportunity she has given me. It was always my dream to do PR in fashion or in magazine, and I'm glad I started at Colosoul Group Inc.

Much Love:
Maddy
14340994 :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Maddy,

Your work placement sounds amazing! What a fantastic organisation you are with to complete your internship! Although I'm not co-ordinating a fashion show I'm one of the project managers for Perth Fashion Festivals, Chic Model Search presented by Student Edge.

Your lucky you have quiet a lot of time to plan and organise the event. I came in when we had three weeks until the first event and there was so much to do! Have you found it difficult to keep your communitcation strong between everyone involved in the event?