Thursday, September 27, 2012

Getting on my track...

I can't believe that time goes so fast and I almost done my internship even that will be the end of my final semester! Actually during these weeks I did my most work in the office of DEC, which the Department of Environment and Conservation, also the sector of WA Naturally Publications, sometimes I feel like I really want to do one media release or event management for them, but they already update their latest version, especially the post on their official Twitter and Facebook page; which for their preparation for Perth Royal Show 2012.

 

I did one report about how we are going right now, our current situation, and what we have done so far. Talking about these, we have hold two workshops successfully, which one for internal desk staff and the other one for the existing clients.

 

Although I spent my most time stay in the office and did my work by facing the computer, I didn’t feel boring or disappointed about that. I found one really helpful thing is, those theories and modules that I learned from the tutorials and lectures of PR and Marketing are really useful and helpful.

 

I have already sent online customer survey, desk staff survey inside of DEC, and client survey which target Western Australia and outside Australia area; and receive results of these surveys successively by this month. Furthermore, I also did one draft communication strategy for all the desk staff and the existing clients which for DEC.

 

The Perth Royal Show will start this Saturday and I went to the venue yesterday to help my supervisor and other volunteer. Our venue is full of Aussie style decorates and we built several posters and frame, even the species of trees exhibition. We are going to introduce our department and our WA Naturally Publications during the show, also I will be there! This is the first time that I’m excited about one real event after I did so many units in PR! I’m looking forward to participating our department’s show in the next few days!

No comments: