Sunday, September 9, 2012

Practical Experience on Public Relations


Hello everyone!

It's my second post after two weeks! I have learnt a lot throughout the past few days! First of all, my CEO Tanya Dapagne taught me how to manage Global Good Foundation’s website. A content management system (CMS) is a computer program that allows publishing, editing and modifying content on a web site as well as maintenance from a central page. It provides procedures to manage work-flow in a collaborative environment. I started uploading every newsletter that mentioned The Global Good onto the website, so that people can revise any news about Global Good. This is a great opportunity for me to learn something that I can’t learn at school as well as giving me some practical experience.  

Global Good are organising a fund-raising event called “Jump for GGF”. Every day, people are challenged to face their fears and find a way to escape situations of domestic violence. GGF is asking people to jump from a plane, to assist those who have to leap from their lives into the unknown and show them anything can be achieved when we are willing to take a leap of faith. The money raised will go towards The Global Good Foundation. GGF is setting up education centres beyond crisis care for people impacted by domestic violence.

 

I was informed to contact two of the people who joined this event and sent them an e-mail in order to write my media release. Their message inspired me immensely to do something meaningful as well as to help others. I hope that someday I can explore the world and make a positive impact on it!

Moreover, Tanya and I had the chance to meet up with the Mayor of the Town of Kwinana, Carol Adams, and Liberal candidate for brand, Donna Godin. It was a photo-shot meeting with the Public Relations officer of Weekend Courier, Town of Kwinana local newspaper. It was really a great pleasure for me to meet them and learn the workings of the real public relations world.







I am so glad that I have the opportunity to work with The Global Good and to do things that are meaningful to those who are impacted by domestic violence.
That is all for now! Have a good day and enjoy your placement!

No comments: