Thursday, October 11, 2012

2012 Swimmers Seminar!

Hi Everyone,
Whilst on my placement I have the opportunity to organise and manage the 2012 Swimmers Seminar for the Rottnest Channel Swim!
The Swimmers Seminar is an event which is held at Challenge Stadium which is aimed at all swimmers who are wishing to partake in the 2013 HBF Rottnest Channel Swim. The evening is aimed mainly at Solo swimmers however anyone wishing to participate is welcome to attend.
I had to organise a variety of things in preparation of the big event. For the first time ever I had to organise catering, venue bookings, audio visual, room set up, invite lists, RSVP’s and I had to find and locate four wonderful speakers for the evening!
I was extremely excited; this was my first real taste of the events world!
After liaising back and forth with a variety of potential speakers, I confirmed four wonderful speakers; two were previous Rottnest Channel Swim swimmers, a nutritionist and a professor who has recently conducted a study on Hypothermia and the risks associated with the Rottnest Channel Swim. Planning this event really showed me how in this industry you have to be able to relate to individuals from all walks of life and how important it is to create a repour with individuals.
We had a massive turnout of 70+ in attendance, despite the horrible weather on the evening! The best turn out in the past few years I was told! J
I had an incredible time organising the swimmers seminar and it just reassured me how much I want to work in the event industry!
Until next time!
Regards,
Jayne.

No comments: