Hi everybody,
This will be my fourth and final post. With my placement technically finished I have just two days next week to finish out my internship as the golf day I have been working on is next Tuesday I have decided to stay an extra couple of days.
I have found this to be a very worthwhile experience and have enjoyed my placement. I realize now that there is much more to working in Public Relations than what we can learn in the classroom and although the theory and practice is necessary there's nothing like getting pout there and doing it for yourself.
I would have to say coming to the end of my placement that I'm not entirely sure that a local not-for-profit is my desired job even though I have enjoyed working at Communicare. It has been useful though as I have had an opportunity to gain valuable work experience across a broad range of activities which has led me to work out which aspects I do and don't like about public relations.
I would like to finish by saying a big thank you to Communicare for taking me on board this student to gain some valuable work experience and I hope that my contribution has helped the organisation in some way as I believe they do a lot of great work for an important cause.
I don't have any imparting words of wisdom but I would like to wish everybody the best in their future pursuits in Public Relations!
Cheerio!
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
1 comment:
Hi Martin,
I felt the exact same way this semester in that I believe there's so much more to be learnt out in the industry than there is at uni. And that's no disrespect to Curtin because I've had some great teachers, but PR is all about communication and you don't learn that from a textbook.
If you aren't quite sure where you want to be then make sure you experience PR in a number of different industries to give yourself every opportunity to find a career path you enjoy.
All the best,
Mitchell Reardon
Post a Comment