Hi Everyone!
So I've got some exciting news to post!
Since my last blog, I was asked to write an article for Bowls WA's bi-monthly magazine! The article is about a young up and coming Western Australian female bowler named Kelli Rogalski.
The article has been published in the August-September issue of Jack-Hi Magazine and can be found via the link below.
http://www.bowlswa.com.au
Issue 89 - Article can be found on page 22
In order to complete an article for the magazine, I had to complete numerous steps. These included:
(1) Background research on Kelli - this need to be completed so that when I was to host an interview, I knew her history and had viable questions to ask for my article.
(2) I then had to write a list of approximately 15 interview questions, then host the interview.
(3) Let the writing begin!
(4) Images were taken/collected for the article.
(5) Editing.
(6) Printing!
But that's not the only exciting news! The day after I completed my article, my supervisor informed me that it was then sent to a NATIONAL ONLINE BOWLS MAGAZINE! Even though I had never heard of this magazine before, I couldn't contain my excitement!
It's days like those that you know all your hard work is definitely paying off!
Hope you have enjoyed all your internships!
Kind regards,
Lauren
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
2 comments:
Hi Lauren,
That is such exciting news! Is your article out in the magazine yet? You should definitely get a copy when it comes out ☺
I think its amazing and great how as PR students we get the opportunities to take up internships as a compulsory unit at Curtin. We can to actually experience everything first hand and that would really help us after we graduate as we would know if I really do want to go into the field of PR!
I too have experienced such excitement in my internship. Currently, I am managing a whole campaign on my own and I had to tell people what to do. In all, it includes making a YouTube promo video for the campaign and it will be for the public to see! So I guess I can relate to how excited you must be feeling ☺
Good Luck!
Deanna C.
Congratulations Lauren!
That is a wonderful news, is your article out yet? You should definitely post it up for us to read it :)
I am glad that in Curtin there is a PR Placement unit that all PR students have to go through because it gives them an in sight of what happens in a PR consultancy or working as a PR officier. Not many universities offer this amazing opportunity, because PR is more than reading it from a textbook it is a something that graduates and students studying currently have to get hands on experience to be ready for that work force! IT is alot of work but I guess it is worth it in the end :)
I understand how excited you must be feeling a few weeks ago my mentor/supervisor told me that she has assigned me as event manager to next year fashion show that colosoul is hosting called Foxfeest Runway 2013, and I am still pretty stoked about it.
Good Luck and All the Best Lauren!
Madlin Zamir
Post a Comment