Monday, October 8, 2012

Media Kits to Advertising and much much more!




Hi Again!

I hope you have all been enjoying your placements!

During the past few days I have been extremely busy and assigned a variety of advertising and PR tasks comprising of a putting together a media kit, composing a two-page feature article, creating a DPS for the opening of Pacific Blue, and of course not to mention sales and admin!

I was assigned the task of compiling together a media kit to distribute to various media groups. The media kit aims to promote ‘Pacific Blue’ as a ‘hot new entrant in the outdoor furniture industry’ – raising awareness and promoting brand identity. Although I had done this before at university, I have never produced a media kit for a organisation….In the end I was really happy with how it all looked.

Last week I also really enjoyed conversing with various editors from magazines such as SCOOP. In order to get the two page feature article published I had to answer various interview questions.

On top of all this I been working with our graphic designer to come up with the following advert as part of our teaser campaign. The advert will be published in 3x high-end glossy magazines 3-5weeks prior to the opening and is also be placed on billboards.  I can’t wait to get it published!! Hopefully I will have a draft to send you on my last post!

All this has just been in a few days – and there are just not enough hours in a day! For me it all came down to time management and prioritising my work – which for myself, is something I don’t consider I have previously been good at. I have just been doing my utmost at prioritising my workload and continually see each task that I start through.

Until next time,

Courtney

1 comment:

Aimee French said...

It sounds like you've been having a great time on your placement, it would be great fun to speak to editors to get a feature article published for your placement company.

I remember putting media kits together at uni myself, in Public Relations Media. It would be interesting to put one together for a real life company, glad to hear you've been able to get involved in so many different things!