This is just a small reflection on my semester – more on the
PR part of my degree in general than my placement. As I said in my first blog,
I came into this semester dreading having to do this unit. Ever since year
seven I’ve wanted to be a sports journalist and adding a PR portion to my
degree was somewhat of a safeguard at the time. However, the combination of
having to look for a placement and only completing PR units this semester has
seen me open myself up to the idea of a career in public relations. I mean, the
fact that there are full time PR jobs at sporting organisations would still
mean I’d be able to centre my career around sport while maintaining a PR
career.
Before this semester that really wasn’t something I thought
was a possibility. It was probably a combination of ignorance and
closed-mindedness but I just didn’t know that much about how many opportunities
there are in PR.
That said - I still have a passion for journalism but
whether I pursue it or not is a different story. I don’t know about many of you
but I have absolutely no idea what I want to do with myself when I graduate. I
can only hope I find a career I enjoy whether it be in PR or journalism.
Ultimately, and I’m getting a little reflective here, I hope
I can get a job that I look forward to going to everyday. Something that interests
me and I genuinely enjoy and if that’s the case then I couldn’t care less about
what industry it’s defined as.
Anyway, I hope you’ve all enjoyed your semesters and I wish you the very best with whatever it is you choose to do with yourselves.
Anyway, I hope you’ve all enjoyed your semesters and I wish you the very best with whatever it is you choose to do with yourselves.
1 comment:
Insightful stuff Mitch! I totally agree, I always had strolled through PR with the mindset "It's just a plan B"now I'm really considering getting into the industry.
Post a Comment