Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The office.

Hi everyone, hope your internship is doing you well.
This is a post about my first day at work, my work environment and my colleagues.

When I went in for my interview on 2nd January, I didn't have the luxury of taking a look at the office and being introduced to my colleagues.

My first day, I didn't get lost because I had the opportunity to go the day before to familiarize myself with the surroundings. My work place is at Midview City.



When I started my first day at McGagh Communications, I realised that we were sharing a office with another company, Blue Mango.




This is the how big my office is. The first set of tables is where my colleagues and I work at and the set of tables just after us belongs to the Blue Mango team. I know you can't really see in the picture, but on the left there are two separate rooms. That is where both the directors of each company work in.








That is where I sit and work.


McGagh Communications consist of:
1. Audrey McGagh - Director
2. Elena Lim - Account Manager
3. Grace Tan - Account Executive
4. Annabelle Fernandez - Current Intern, Future Account Executive
and
5. Me - Intern

McGagh Communications is a boutique agency. As stated above there are only 4 permanent staff and they do hire interns every now and then. My colleagues are very welcoming and friendly. I like the seating arrangement because we can always communicate with each other freely and openly. There is no hierarchy structure. Sometimes, Audrey will come join us outside. Our Work in Progress (WIP) meetings are usually held in her office. There is quite a lot of flexibility and I generally feel very comfortable at my work place.
Because we work in the same place as another company, we are close to them as well. We all usually head down for lunch together.

I am glad I got an opportunity to work with such a great group of people and that they are sincerely nice and very willing to teach me.

- Sivapriya Suraindran

Curtin Singapore

No comments: