Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Here we go... In the Automobile World!



Hi everyone,

I am Sharon Aubeeluck and currently doing a BA Mass Communication, with double majors, Public Relations and Web Media at Charles Telfair Institute in Mauritius. I am in my third year and last semester, I really hope to get high marks in the module, Public Relations Professional 393.

I was really pleased when I got a work placement at Toyota Mauritius Ltd. I had my interview on Tuesday 08 January, 2013 and started my internship on the day itself. I can say that I was a bit stressed, but when I have met the members of the administration staff, I feel more at ease by their approach. Thus, on the first day, I have been introduced to the member of the staff. The latter were very nice to me and have greeted me with a warm welcome.






I am passionate of automobile and this is the reasons why, I have chosen to do my internship at Toyota Mauritius Ltd as it is an automobile sector; after my degree I would really like to work in this particular field. I like automobile and I found that working in this sector is very challenging and demanding. Moreover, it does not only consist buying and selling of cars, 4 X 4 and so on.  There are many other aspects that needed to be taken into account, for example, competitors, coming out of new vehicles, advertising that are made from the competitors, and so on.

The Toyota Mauritius Ltd is a great business which is expanding days after days and I can say that it is a great privilege for me to do my internship at Toyota Mauritius Ltd. Although the company does not have a real PR department, PR tasks are divided and done by those people working in the HR, Administration and Marketing departments.

On the very first day, I was trying to pay considerable attention to what the others were doing and used to look for something to do. However, I was tensed and I can say that on the day itself, I was an observer. Moreover, on my first week, I used to look for Magazines and e-documents of Toyota Mauritius Ltd, in order to know a bit more about the company, I used to go downstairs at the reception, Marketing departments, the reception and at the CR office in order to see how these people are working. I was really fascinated and the only wish that I had on that day, is to work in this domain as a Public Relation officer
.
Hopefully, I have started my internship during my holidays, as it would have been very difficult if I have to do it during the study period, as I do have many assignments, presentations and so on. Thus, what a majority of company does when they have a young trainee is to give the latter a very big job… which is Document Filing that I can confirmed to be easiest job that I have ever done during my internship there. As far as here, I was working in a very challenging and motivating environment and I really want to get the most out of it.

Henceforth, I am very happy to share with all of you first blog entry, in which I have been talking on my first day of my internship at Toyota Mauritius Ltd. Hope that you are having a good and excited experiment during your internship. Wish you all the best.

Sharon Aubeeluck
14534661
Charles Telfair Institute, Mauritius

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for the company profile of Toyota. Was it hard to work in a company where there is no public relations? This blog is an interesting one because you expressed your feeling and your motivation to work at Toyota. Moreover, you like the working environment which will be suitable for you.
I wish you all the best in life and hope you enjoyed your internship.
Cheers,
Lorry