Monday, April 29, 2013

The End is Just the Beginning


Where has the time gone? I can’t believe I am now going into my last few days as an intern at The Hub Marketing Communications. I feel like this is a good time for me to reflect on the main things I have learnt since starting work in January.

One of the best decisions I made when organizing my internship was choosing to work 1-2 days a week over the course of the holidays and semester, rather than 4 weeks full time. I felt that this has given me the opportunity to learn more and be involved in more. I have done work for several different clients and jobs, and have gained a large perspective on the workings of a consultancy over a four month period.

I have also learnt a great deal of marketing and public relations skills that I have not touched on at uni. A lot of my work has been centered around The Hubs free e-books that they release on Facebook and their website. E-books have not been something I have touched on heavily at uni, however they are such an important and unique education tool I am glad I was given the opportunity to learn about the formats, information to be included etc.

I’m also lucky to have started working at the Hub Marketing Communications during such a dynamic and exciting time. The Hub has recently been undergoing some changes to the structure of the business, as well as redeveloping their website and slogan. This has been very educational and I have enjoyed having an input into the ‘new Hub.’

I’ve also spent lots of time learning about several different social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I’ve developed some great skills and my research has helped me understand creative ways for using these different methods of communication in marketing. I’ve learnt some invaluable techniques that I will be able to carry with me through other jobs after I graduate from university.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time working at The Hub Marketing Communications. All of the girls employed there are fantastic! They were so helpful and such a pleasure to work with. I was given so many different opportunities; dabbling in market research, media relations, social media development, public relations, social media research, client analysis and more. I was given a great deal of responsibility which I thrived off! I enjoyed working alongside the Marketing Communications Coordinator and The Public Relations Coordinator. I felt as though I learnt a great deal and have definitely expanded my knowledge.

Bye for now!

No comments: