May 9, 2013
(
Dwyer, It's about progress not perfection)
You know the feeling you get when the final day of
work is not really the final day of your work? When I showed up for work, I
wasn’t as keen to work on my roles and responsibilities like I always do,
because I knew this would be the last task I would work on.
However, towards the end of my internship, I’ve pondered
of what I’ve learned throughout the internship and thought about my new chapter
of my career. The quote above “It’s about progress not perfection” says it all
and sums of what I’ve learned throughout the internship.
When I first walked in, I thought I knew everything of
what I learned from the past three years and thought I could do everything in
my knowledge and power to add the value for Socialite Media and their clients
that I’ve worked with.
However,
I had to learn the hard way from my mistakes. The only ways to learn knowledge
is from your mistakes and also learn from campaign manager’s success and
failures. Also, it’s all about
progress and improvements.
Furthermore, throughout the day it consisted of me
writing a monthly report for two clients comparing the month of April to the
month of March. I had to provide
recommendations for brand awareness, demographics growth, and provide
recommendations of strategies they can improve and add for the next month. The content and date needed be to be
analyzed to understand any trends or large differences between those two
months. It was interesting for me to compare and look at the evidence of what
segments of the contents for Facebook and Twitter made it work and what didn’t.
To sum it up, all the internship is all focused of
Public Relations and Social Media. I hope you guys learned something from my
blog. Also, if anyone is looking for an opportunity to work in Social Media and
use your knowledge of Public Relations in social media agencies, I highly
recommend Socialite media and other social media agencies that are available
depending on what type of social media agencies you are after.
Blog Refrences:
- Dwyer, S. (Photographer). (2012, December 9). It's about progress not perfection [Print Photo]. Retrieved from http://www.five-words.com.au/page/8

2 comments:
Hi Estefania,
It sounds like you really gained alot of practical experienxe and knowledge from your placement at socialite media!
I can relate to you in terms of the change of attitude we have both experienced over the last few months. Its funny how you think you know so much and then soon come to realise that this is only the beginning and we will comtinue to grow and devleop for the rest of our careres!
My two majors are PR and Web media, after hearing about your experiences it definetly sounds like an industry I can invision myself working in.
All the best with your studies and job search!
Hey Estefania,
Sound like you have learnt alot along with putting what you have learnt through the course of your degree into play at your internship.
Its been great to know that the skills etc we have learnt and practiced in uni have not been for nothing but its all daunting to know that, there is still so much more we need to learn out in the workforce!
Good luck for the future :)
Post a Comment