Second week is done and the time is flying past me, I'm 1/2 of the way through my internship and I don't want it to end! In saying that though, the constant drone of my phones dial tone is now making its way into my dreams as I continue to tackle the database. I've got one page to go and I think I'll buy myself a chocolate when I finish it!
This week I was asked to re-write a writing style guide for PPR, there had been changes made to a hard copy but unfortunately the soft copy could not be located so I would have to re-type the whole thing with the changed included. Just a casual 35 pages long. It took me about 12 hours so I smashed it out pretty quick; I was always such a keen kid in typing class in primary school.
Watching intently on what has been going on around me gives me an insight into how the business really works and what my chosen profession is really about. Watching everyone work with and around each other, client meetings, deliveries, the rush around deadlines, and the final products, it all intrigued me and I enjoyed watching the inner workings of the organisation and how everyone meshed together.
I did some research this week for a new apartment complex about to be finished up north and did some background research on information for Little Athletics.
Speaking of athletics; this week I managed to do my weekly exercise in one day, one exhausting day. Myself and one of the office assistants had to do a letter box drop of flyers for Landcorp throughout the Cockburn area. Took us about six hours of constant walking. Got in a great gossip session but unfortunately I managed to twinge my calf muscle and walking that night and the next few days was a task, especially when I managed to come across stairs.
So the week is over and I keep becoming more and more attached to this place, it's got a certain charm about it that makes you feel welcome and makes everyone act like a family more than colleagues.
Until next time,
Bye!!
Welcome to PR Internship - YOUR opportunity to put everything you have learned over the past years at university into practice and to get a thorough insight into what public relations is like "in the real world". This Blog allows you to reflect on your experiences, share insights with other students across campuses and to possibly give advice and support to fellow students. Please also see http://printernship-reflections.blogspot.com.au/ for more reflections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Katherine!
It is indeed difficult to think of leaving once you have started and attached to the environment but trust me, the experience you had will keep you going.
Talking about those 35 pages in 12 hours, don't you just see how much time management in important?
I mean it is the little things that matter the most. I bet you were sweating, tired, sleepy and at some point wanted to stop and rest. But the fact that you continued and pushed yourself to finish is such a motivation because you knew what was at stake.
Such situations will give you an insight of working towards a deadline. Once you know how to manage your time then you will definitely know what to expect as a permanent worker.
Sleepless nights, days away from your family, skipping meals, going home late, sacrifices E.T.C
All these things will come with the responsibility of your job.
Otherwise, i wish you all the best in your last days.
Post a Comment