My internship at Netball WA came to an end today, as I entered and left the office for the last time as a Public Relations student. I felt a mixture of emotions throughout the day. On the one hand I was sad and upset to be leaving such an amazing organisation and the fantastic people who work there. But on the other, I felt grateful and very appreciative of the amazing experience I have had with Netball WA.
Being involved in the media and marketing department opened my eyes to a number of issues and work place practices I never new existed. I very much enjoyed being apart of the marketing activations and learning more about sponsorship agreements and how non for profit organisations make their money.
Looking back now, I achieved a lot with netball WA. I posted numerous tweets, wrote several match day reports, a few media releases, several letters, and did many hours of social media research and sponsorship research.
Internships act as a huge learning curve for students, and also greatly benefit all kinds of organisations. If I could give one word of advice top public relations, communications or marketing students, it would be to intern from day 1! It is such a great opportunity to learn so much more than university could ever teach you.
I am now in the process of looking for a full time job, feeling confident and excited about what the future has in stall for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment