Thursday, June 6, 2013

From Beginning to End

To begin with,


I began my placement only a short while ago at the start of April with Sinclair Consulting - a Perth based and operated, boutique public relations firm.

The opportunity to work at Sinclair Consulting was certainly fortunate; I had already been participating in some work experience activities with the consultancy as they arose, and found them to be highly valuable in gaining an insight into how a public relations consultancy might run.

Before I had started my placement I was still contemplating what type and which, organisation I should apply to, and thought a small PR firm like Sinclair Consulting (that is expert consultant-based), would probably not would probably not have much use for an inexperienced undergraduate. As the deadline loomed to find a placement, I decided find the courage to ask Sinclair Consulting if they would take me on. And Lucky I did - as their answer was an unexpected yes!

The last twenty days or so at Sinclair Consulting have by far been the most valuable learning experience I have encountered yet. I have been lucky enough to work alongside the director, as well as four highly experienced consultants that complete the team at Sinclair Consulting. I feel I have gained much insight into understanding the fundamentals of how consultancies – (as well as a small business) are operated, in the arena of public relations.

Through this placement I have been able to take on a position that is at the forefront of real-world projects (not just behind the scenes), with an invitation to attend client meetings and see how a project is executed from start to finish. It really was inspiring seeing a proposal on paper, be pitched and brought to life!

Finally, I must express my gratitude towards Sinclair Consulting for taking me on as part of the team over the last two months. It really has been a valuable experience and positive ending to my degree.

No comments: