Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Big Issue



The last week has been more challenging! I was required to conduct informal interviews with the vendors to gain information for their profiles to be published in the South Sydney Herald newspaper, which proved to be more difficult than I imagined. So far, I have been drafting up profiles with the information I’ve got and editing after each interview. There are still a few to go before I will be able to have the drafts approved and also photographs need to be taken to accompany the copy. I also discovered that one of the vendors set to appear in the project has moved to Brisbane no longer being a relevant for the local paper. In the same day, another vendor informed me they were no longer interested which also posed an issue as the project was now 2 vendors down. In the end this did not matter and I improvised with the ones that were till on board. I'm starting to realise the importance of time-management and organisation when things don't go as you plan! 

Tropfest was a success although in the end the flyer I had made wasn’t used, as there was a change of plans and the competition it was supposed to promote was no longer being held. I helped out by allocating pitches to vendors and interacting with the public to promote The Big Issue. This involved handing out information packs to the public. In terms of the promotional material and from a marketing perspective it was interesting to see that generally, the public was more inclined to take the canvas bag that was heavier and bulkier over a plastic one with only paper inside. 

That's it for now!

Kate

No comments: