Sunday, June 2, 2013

SurfAid - Final Blog Post

It is hard to believe that I have come to the end of my internship at SurfAid! Writing my placement report I have been overwhelmed by the amount of skills I have learnt during this time and how much I have developed professionally.

I have been extremely fortunate to have been provided with such a diverse range of tasks during my placement. Not only has this taught me above and beyond what I expected upon entering this placement, but has shown me further insight into areas that I would potentially like to work in. During my final weeks I was given greater responsibilities and helped work on tasks such as post event sponsorship reports that I really enjoyed and also learnt a lot from.

This internship has taught me that I LOVE working in events. Having some experience working in events management prior to the placement I knew that this was an area I wanted to explore further, however being involved in such a large scale event at SurfAid has proven to me that this is a career I want to pursue.

I feel that there is always something new to learn from every job, especially in PR and events, and that given a new internship I would probably walk in and learn a whole range of new skills and approaches. However, I feel that open completing this internship I now have the confidence to go into an entry level position knowing that I can rise to a challenge and apply the techniques and theory that I have learnt throughout my degree at Curtin University.

I would like to thank both my lecturers and the team at SurfAid for proving me with this opportunity that will hopefully leading the way to landing me my dream job in Sydney!





No comments: