Saturday, August 24, 2013

High Tea last weekend was success!!!



It was great to be involved in AAA high tea this year. It was the first time for me to see how the real event runs.  The event was attended by more than 200 animal’s lover in Perth, Western Australia. I am glad as I was a part of the event and a big success to AAA team for sure! We have raised $20.000 and the most important thing is we have raised some people’s awareness about AAA works and projects.  
I could say the high tea was running smooth .It was really enjoyable afternoon with lots of foods and drinks while at the same time we raised an amazing amount. The high tea started at 1 pm and AAA team were in the location before for setting up. The brief in regards of job description on each person have given a week before so everyone would know their responsibilities.  We were a bit nervous because things could go wrong on the day. 
It is important to remember before running an event as each person need to give a clear explanation about their roles on the day so everyone will know what they are doing and what organisation is expected.  It is also better to make sure the skills, interest, and experience of each person in order to know what position would be best for them. I also suggest that it is better to make everyone understand something could go wrong and how to avoid those things. There are some possibilities that could happen on the event. This was why everyone was given a brief a week before to make sure they understand what actions need to be taken to anticipate the negatives impact when it occur.
I had responsibility to make sure everything was going good. My job was to set up the market stall and AAA stall before the high tea started. After that, I need to make sure others stall already set up. We finished setting up everything before 1. Some of the guest already arrived as well and they had a lot of time to look around by visiting our stalls. The team was expected to be on board by welcoming the guest, helping the guest to find the seats, serving the guest when they wanted to buy something from the stalls, and etc.
 Janet Thomas as the founder of AAA started the high tea by giving a bit of speech and presentation.  The presentation was about AAA projects and what AAA has done so far in supporting working animals. After giving presentation, guests were served with very nice foods and drinks while they were enjoying their time with family or friends.  After that, we run the live auction which I found very interested. After 5 most of the guest already left and we started to pack up some of the stuffs.  
I just want to say a big huge thank you for everyone. I am glad I was part of the team for such a good course.















No comments: